The University Medical Centre are able to deliver the following Enhanced Services to our patients
These services are only available to access by referral from your GP or Nurse Practioner.
- NHS Health Checks
The NHS Health Check programme aims to help prevent heart disease, stroke, diabetes, kidney disease and certain types of dementia. Everyone between the ages of 40 and 74, who has not already been diagnosed with one of these conditions or have certain risk factors, will be invited (once every five years) to have a check to assess their risk of heart disease, stroke, kidney disease and diabetes and will be given support and advice to help them reduce or manage that risk.
For further details please visit the nhs.uk website
The University Medical Centre run a programme to invite patients in for their NHS Health Checks. Please telephone Reception for an appointment on receipt of your invitation, or if you would prefer to decline please do let us know.
- Women’s Health (SDI/Coil for non contraceptive purposes): Appointment with Constultant for fitting/removal –for non contraceptive purposes only
- Oral Glucose Golerance Tesing: Appointment with HCA or Practice Nurse
- Professional Standards for urgent Care: Delivering appropriate urgent care and access to services – delivered by the whole team.
- Treatment of Leg Ulcers: Appointment with Nurse Practioner or Practice Nurse
INDEX - Services
- Online Consultation
- The NHS App
- Test Results
- e-Referral Service
- Electronic Prescription Service
- Asthma Management
- Child Development
- Childhood Vaccinations
- Contraception Services
- Diabetes Management
- Dressings / Removal of Sutures
- Ear Irrigation
- Emergency Contraception
- Enhanced Services
- Flu Vaccination
- Mental Health Services
- Minor Illness
- Minor Surgery
- Other Visiting Services
- Pregnancy Testing
- Private Fees
- Sexual Health Services
- Summary Care Record
- Translation Service
- Travel Clinic
- University Nursing Services
- Find NHS Services
By using this site, you agree that we may store and access cookies on your device. Find out about our cookies.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.