Autumn Covid Booster and Flu Programme 2022
Final advice has been received on who is eligible for the Autumn Covid Booster and Flu vaccine Programme.
Covid Vaccine Autumn Booster:
- Residents in a care home for older adults and staff working in care homes for older adults
- Frontline health and social care workers
- All adults aged 50 years and over
- Persons aged 5 to 49 years in a clinical risk group, as set out in the Green Book
- Persons aged 5 to 49 years who are household contacts of people with immunosuppression
- Persons aged 16 to 49 years who are carers, as set out in the Green Book.
- All children aged 2 or 3 years on 31 August 2022
- All primary school aged children (from reception to Year 6) and Secondary school children in years 7, 8 and 9.
- Those aged 6 months to under 65 years in clinical risk groups
- Pregnant women
- Those aged 65 years and over
- Those in long-stay residential care homes
- Close contacts of immunocompromised individuals
- 50 to 64 year olds that are not in a clinically at-risk group.
We plan to co-administer the flu and covid booster (2 injections) to adults over 65 and those clinically extremely vulnerable adults aged 18-64yrs. Our first clinic will be on Saturday 8th October.
For those who would prefer to have the flu and covid vaccines on different days, UMC will offer flu only appointment, you will need to book your covid vaccine through the National Booking website or phone NHS 119.
Eligible adults aged 18-64 who are less clinically vulnerable will be invited to UMC for flu vaccines and directed to the National Booking Site for covid vaccines.
Eligible adults with allergies will be directed to the Sea Cadet Hall (Vauxhall Road) for their covid vaccine (via the National Booking Site).
Eligible children 5yrs-17yrs will be notified and directed to the Sea Cadet Hall (Vauxhall Road) for their covid vaccine (via the National Booking Site).
Child flu vaccinations - nasal spray
All children aged 2 or 3 years on 31 August 2022 and those 6 months to 17yrs with underlying conditions - will be invited to make an appointment at UMC
All other school aged children up to year 9 will receive their nasal flu vaccine at school.
Please note the nasal spray contains porcine gelatine, for those parents who object to this the injectable vaccine can be used as an alternative – please inform UMC when booking your appointment.
Eligible patients will be contacted when appointment are available to book
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.